Saturday, March 21, 2015

Finding Balance in Your Life

Balancing a growing venture and family life is difficult. It can be a constant struggle, the important thing is that you are passionate about what you are doing and know that you are doing will be worth it. 
Pay attention to what's important to you so that you can be careful about your priorities.

Have any of you found your passion in life? Have you figured out your calling and are you in the process of pursuing it? These words from the Action Guide, "Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness" definitely struck an emotional chord with me because I still haven't found that "mission" I am searching for:

"Why does such a calling elude you? Why does winning the “rat race” seem so alluring? What is it that makes happiness always seem to be just beyond your grasp? Welcome to the human race."

The tasks that the article sets before us, in order to solve this befuddling paradox, are quite inspiring. What do you feel is the definition of happiness, satisfaction, and fulfillment? I feel that happiness is a choice. A choice that we make everyday despite our circumstances. Our circumstances can never define our happiness, because our happiness is what we make it. I feel that fulfillment is the thing that most people are striving after, not happiness. I feel that fulfillment can bring us satisfaction, and both of those things feel good, but they probably won't affect our happiness, but be a plus  on top of it. Another thing about the search for fulfillment in life, is I think once we reach an old age, we will look back and see that we were searching for something we already had as we see how well we have done with the opportunities we have been given in life. As we lose ourselves in good endeavors and relationships we can start on our journey and create for ourselves a life of meaning. 

"Ultimate meaning may be beyond us, but we can make our lives more meaningful, and it is meaning, not money or power, that illuminates our lives." 

Thomas S. Monson helps to provide us with a formula for success in his First Presidency Message from March 1996:


"If we are really to be a chosen generation, we have the responsibility to be prepared, to be productive, to be faithful, and to be fruitful as well. What we need, as we journey along through this period known as mortality, is a compass to chart our course, a map to guide our footsteps, and a pattern whereby we might mold and shape our very lives. May I share with you a formula that in my judgement will help you and help me to journey well through mortality and to that great reward of exaltation in the celestial kingdom of our Heavenly Father.


First, fill your mind with truth; second, fill you life with service; and third, fill your heart with love."


-Thomas S. Monson, March 1996 First Presidency Message, "Formula for Success" 
Money is another factor we need to think of and be aware of on our journey.
I understand the importance of money and the amount of good or evil it can do depending on how it is used. I feel that money should be used carefully. I do my best to be frugal, but even then I feel I am lacking at times and spending my money a little too frivolously.  I also feel that we should treat other people’s money as we would treat our own. Whether it is someone willing to buy you dinner or invest thousands into your company, you should treat their money as the sacred entity that it is and not spend it more lightheartedly than you would your own.
Our view of money will affect how we use it and how we use money will affect the way we live. We can choose to spend money we don’t have and go into debt, putting ourselves into a life of bondage. Or we can be wise, and save our money, so that we can continuously live a good life, even into our old age.

Some rules recommended for prospering:

Rule 1: Seek the Lord and have hope in Him.
Rule 2: Keep the commandments - that includes the temporal ones, tithing and fast offerings.
Rule 3: Think about money and plan how you can become self-reliant.
Rule 4: Take advantage of chances for learning so you will not be ignorant of these matters. Education, as President Hinckley has taught us, is the Key to Opportunity.
Rule 5: Learn the laws upon which the blessings of wealth are predicated.
Rule 6: Do not send away the naked, the hungry, the thirsty, or the sick or those who are held captive.

No comments:

Post a Comment